Physical Education Curriculum
Saint Rose Catholic School uses the Diocesan Physical Education curriculum and incorporates Physical Best in our lessons. The Diocesan Physical Education Curriculum exposes children to a wide variety of activities in a process rather than product oriented format.
Saint Rose has a certified Physical Education teacher. Effort, Attitude, and Respect are the values chosen by the Physical Education department to emphasize in the Physical Education Curriculum.
Physical Best activities help students learn the “why” of physical fitness and activities. Our program objectives include:
- Movement concepts, Safe Practices, and Fundamental skills
- Physical Fitness
- Movement Education
- Physical Education Behavior
- Games and Sports - Team, Individual, Lifetime
Kindergarten through fourth grade P.E. classes consists of 30 minutes of instruction twice a week. Fifth through eight grade P.E. classes consist of 42 minutes of instruction twice a week.
- Warm up activity (3-5 minutes)
- Movement Education (2-3 minutes)
- Lesson Focus, Fitness Development, Game (25-35 minutes)
- Overview of concepts (2-3 minutes)