Saint Rose School is accredited by AdvancED, the Catholic Diocese of Nashville, the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA), the Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) and approved by the State of Tennessee.
Currently, Saint Rose, along with the Diocese of Nashville, is undergoing re-accreditation through Cognia.
Each year, all Catholic schools in the Diocese of Nashville administer the ITBS (Iowa Test of Basic Skills) to all students Kindergarten - 8th grade.
The Iowa Tests are nationally normed standardized tests that offer educators a diagnostic look at how their students are progressing in key academic areas. Available for K-12, the Iowa tests allow educators to trace student achievement growth continuously. These tests can be administered with the Cognitive Abilities Test™ (CogAT) to identify gifted and talented students as well as at-risk students who may need further assessment.
Saint Rose School also administers the following:
- 3rd, 5th, 8th grade students take the Diocesan Religion Assessment
- Cogat (Cognitive Abilities Test) are given to 3rd and 6th grade.
- 4th - 7th grade may qualify for the DUKE Talent Identification Program
The Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) is an aptitude test that measures a student’s general and specific cognitive abilities. It measures learned reasoning and problem-solving skills in 3 areas: verbal, quantitative, and nonverbal, which are closely tied to academic success. The CogAT is often used to identify gifted and talented students. It helps homeschool and private school educators understand their student’s cognitive strengths and weaknesses and learning styles. This testing tool is also used to identify at-risk students who may need further individual assessment. The CogAT provides predicted achievement scores when administered with IOWA Tests.
- Saint Rose students, on average, score above the national scores on the ITBS
- Nearly 50% of our 4th-7th graders qualified for the Duke Talent Identification Program
- Saint Rose alumni have 100% high school graduation rate
- Saint Rose teachers have over 360 combined years teaching (237 at Saint Rose)
- Saint Rose teachers on average have over 12 years teaching experience